If you’re looking for natural relief from 100% pure hemp botanicals, you’ve come to the right place. We pride ourselves on our pure Hemp Oil products. Still, given our reviews and loyal customer base, you’d be forgiven for thinking we have a high-tech, secret laboratory nestled in the foothills of the Himalayas. The reality is just — a little different. We don’t have any hidden doors behind waterfalls, and we don’t have to leave Colorado on helicopters in the dead of night to access a dungeon filled with beakers and crazy-haired chemists.
To help clarify how we do business, I asked our Chief Mad Scientist (officially known as the “Lab Director”), to enlighten everyone about what happens at “the lab.” Essentially, I asked what the full process for creating our world-renowned Hemp Oil products entailed. Here’s what I learned:
It All Starts With the Hemp Plant
Want to hear a secret? We’re one of the few Hemp Oil producers in the world that grow our own patented hemp strain. Officially named CBDRx18 (at least, according to the patent), our hemp plant is recognized by the NCBI as the gold standard for the cannabis genome sequence.
The Components of the Hemp Plant
- Cannabinoids: These are naturally occurring compounds in hemp that interact with your endocannabinoid system. In other words, your brain is pre-wired to absorb and utilize the cannabinoids in Hemp Oil. To learn more about cannabinoids, check out our recent cannabinoids blog post.
- Terpenes: These are the incredible molecules that give hemp its unique aroma. Aromatherapy is based on terpenes, and they exist in nearly every plant on the planet.
- Flavonoids: This is another phytonutrient (natural plant compounds or nutrients) that’s present in many veggies you eat. Research suggests that flavonoids positively impact cell survival signaling pathways. In a nutshell, flavonoids modify how the body reacts to carcinogens and viruses.
- Minerals: Hemp contains iron, phosphorus, sodium, magnesium, potassium, sulfur, calcium, and zinc.
- Vitamins: Hemp contains vitamins A, B, C, and E.
- Essential oils: Believe it or not, hemp contains a healthy dose of omega fatty acids.
CBDRx18 and Tim's Story
CBDRx18 contains over 100 phytonutrients, helping us accomplish something we call the True Entourage Effect™. In other words, all of these phytonutrients work together, in perfect harmony, to deliver a more complete physiological experience. This gets a little technical, so check out our in depth article on terpenes and the True Entourage Effect™ page to learn more.
And speaking of quality, the first of many third-party quality checks that our pure Hemp Oil goes through is carried out at the farm. Before we harvest the hemp and send it off to the lab, it’s tested by the Colorado Department of Agriculture (CDA) to ensure that the THC levels are 0.3% or less and that there’s no mold, pesticides, or other hazardous chemicals contaminating the plants. Once we have the green-light from CDA, it’s harvested and sent off to the lab to make Hemp Oil.
From Hemp to Pure Hemp Oil
Pure Hemp Oil Made With Care
Extracting Phytonutrients to Make Pure Hemp Oil
- It’s cheap
- It doesn’t require a bunch of equipment
- It doesn’t require hefty knowledge about hemp nutrients. You just have to extract one specific molecule (i.e. CBD).
Ethanol, Hexane, and CO2 Extraction Oh My!
Synchronicity's Patented LipidTrans™ Infusion Process
Why We Go the Extra Mile
Turning Pure Hemp Oil Into Functional Consumer Products
- Develop our own internal quality control systems while still relying on third-party tests for potency.
- Keep the entire operation hyper-sustainable.
- Have control over the entire flow of our hemp, which we hold near-and-dear to our hearts.