As Hemp Oil continues to gain traction across the globe, more consumers are making room in their budgets for it. Today, nearly one in seven Americans use Hemp Oil and other hemp-related products to address a range of health concerns. Not surprisingly, 61% of people who are familiar with hemp want to see it on store shelves. Still, if you’re thinking of trying Hemp Oil for the first time, you may find yourself suffering from sticker shock and wondering why Hemp Oil is so expensive.
In fact, as you explore the Hemp Oil range of products, you may find yourself asking the following questions:
- “Why are some Hemp Oil brands more expensive than others?”
- “Can I find less expensive Hemp Oil?”
- “What are the risks of buying cheap Hemp Oil?”
- “How can I be sure that I’m not overpaying for Hemp Oil?”
Asking yourself these questions is a critical first step to ensuring that you procure a top-quality product that positively impacts your well-being. Below are the answers to these questions along with considerations for choosing an effective product at a fair price.
Why Are Some Hemp Oil Brands More Expensive Than Others?
The short answer is that there’s usually a difference in product quality. Branding may also play a role in price variations, with high profile brands generally charging more. While there are some instances where prices are inflated due to mercenary greed or price gouging, a stark variance in price is often due to one of the following factors:
Products that are made from the whole hemp plant offer greater nutritional benefits than those that feature hemp extract or just CBD. They also tend to be more potent and purer in quality. Not surprisingly, these products may command a higher price than those that feature extracts and filler material.
- Product Strength
A brand may charge a lower price for a product that’s significantly less potent than those produced by its higher-priced competitors. For this reason alone, it’s important to read the fine print on a label before buying.
- Farming Practices
Sustainable farming practices are essential in supporting and preserving our environment. If you ask a five-star Hemp Oil provider about its farming practices, you’ll likely receive a detailed account of its sustainable growing, harvesting, and extraction processes. Companies offering cheaper products rarely provide any level of detail about their farming practices. In fact, they may only be reselling or relabeling products made by another company.
While top-tier companies enlist the help of third-party testing agencies to evaluate their Hemp Oil products, companies that sell the cheapest products generally bypass safety and potency evaluations. This lack of testing can increase the risk of safety issues.
Can You Find Less Expensive Hemp Oil?
Absolutely. A quick Google search for Hemp Oil products yields 68,900,000 results and there are thousands of products available for under $10 each. However, there are also many products available for over $100 each. As you compare these product options, you may wonder why some products cost ten times as much as products that appear to be similar.
There’s no simple answer to this question. However, with each price and label comparison, you’ll be one step closer to understanding the risks of purchasing the cheapest Hemp Oil products.
What Are the Risks of Buying Cheap Hemp Oil?
As the Hemp Oil market continues to evolve, the number of unprincipled suppliers and resellers has dramatically increased. Many of these questionable sellers are able to lure unsuspecting buyers by advertising cheap prices for as-yet unproven products. As noted by the FDA, many of these sellers bypass quality, safety, or scientific testing:
“The marketplace for CBD-containing products is quickly evolving and it is critical that we work together with stakeholders and industry to develop high-quality data to close the knowledge gaps about the science, safety and quality of many of these products, as well as further evaluate any potential benefits…” – Stephen M. Hahn M.D., Commissioner of Food and Drugs, U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
Unfortunately, many consumers are willing to overlook safety and testing in favor of prices that are “too good to be true.” Because of budgetary concerns, they find it difficult to resist a low price tag. Buyers with this approach put themselves at increased risk for the following pitfalls:
- Poor Results
Odds are high you’d be disappointed in a product that failed to make a difference to your health and wellbeing. Even if you paid only $10, you’ll be left with empty promises and less in your bank account. On the flip side, buyers who pay a higher price are more likely to experience the wellness benefits they were aiming for. For example, products that are scientifically developed and tested have greater potential to provide pain relief, mood support, and a better night’s sleep.
- Insufficient Product Testing and Safety
The majority of products with an ultra-low price tag are launched without being tested by an objective, qualified third-party testing agency. On the other hand, the industry’s top Hemp Oil producers proudly adhere to the scientific approach. They highlight their use of third-party testing firms in a highly visible location on their websites. If you search for evidence of third-party testing on a cheap provider’s website, you’re likely to come up short in your search.
- Dangerous or Harsh Extraction Practices
Many of today’s low-priced CBD products involve harsh CO2 extraction practices that can have an adverse impact on the quality of the plant’s nutrients. With a focus on price over quality, these manufacturers aren’t willing to invest in sustainably farmed, whole hemp plants that eliminate the need for these damaging extraction methods.
- Costly Scams
With consumers still becoming acclimated to Hemp Oil products, scammers and fraudsters continue to prey on unsuspecting consumers. In some cases, the buyer pays for an order but never receives the product. In other cases, the consumer pays for what they think is an effective Full-Spectrum Hemp Oil product. However, they end up receiving gelatin-filled capsules or a product that fails to deliver any results. In either case, buyers who initially think they are saving money by purchasing a cheaper product end up feeling frustrated while their bank account takes a hit.
How Can You Be Sure You Aren't Overpaying for Hemp Oil?
- Read the Label Carefully Be sure to compare potencies when evaluating Hemp Oil products. For example, you may wonder why one bottle of 30 Hemp Oil capsules costs $55.99 while another bottle of 30 capsules costs nearly twice as much. A closer look at the label on each bottle confirms that the lower-priced bottle contains capsules with a 25 MG strength while the more expensive bottle offers a 50 MG strength. Here are some key things to look for when scanning a product’s label:
- Strength: A product’s strength should be clearly noted on the front of the bottle or container. Strength is typically measured in milligrams (mg).
- Quantity or size: The number of capsules or ounces should also be visible on the product label.
- Ingredients: The key ingredients found in capsules, serums, and lotions should be listed on the back of the bottle.
- Browse Online Customer Reviews Scanning customer reviews is one of the best ways to ensure you’re investing in a safe, effective, and properly priced Hemp Oil product. Look for feedback posted by verified buyers. Pay special attention to comments from health care providers and industry professionals who have likely sampled similar products. Here is an example of a helpful review:
“As a doctor of natural medicine I have been offering [hemp oil] products to my patients for some time now and the reports I am receiving from patients is even better now that I switched to using Synchronicity PRO line. Most effective [hemp oil] I’ve used!” – Dr. Bryce Fennell, Fort Collins, Colorado
In addition to reading customer reviews, you can also request references. This is especially important if you’re a healthcare provider or plan to purchase products in bulk for use with your own customer base.
- Check the Return Policy Overpriced products or those that fail to deliver results are often sold by sellers who lack a fair return policy. Before you move forward with a purchase, scan the provider’s website for its return policy. Top Hemp Oil providers often have a link referencing their return policies. You’ll generally find this link at the bottom of the home page under the shopping section. All things considered, the best providers will express full confidence in their product quality with the following offers:
- A full refund if you return the unused portion of your product within a specified time frame (usually 60 days)
- A Return Authorization Form (RMA) that will ask you to describe why you aren’t satisfied with the product
- A contact email address to use when requesting a return or customer support
- Written communication that your returned item has been received along with the status of your refund request
- Ask for a Discount Leading Hemp Oil suppliers value their customers and are often willing to offer a discount with a bulk purchase. Some also offer loyalty programs designed to reward you for your continued business. The key to maximizing your savings is to ask your provider about any discounts and promotions for which you may be eligible. Otherwise, you will likely end up paying the full price for your products.
What Are Your Options If You're Interested in Trying Hemp Oil?
Now that you have a good working knowledge of Hemp Oil products and pricing, you can confidently move forward with a purchase. The final step is to find an established Hemp Oil provider you can trust to provide outstanding products and services. Ideally, the provider you choose should possess decades of industry experience and show a commitment to producing affordable, high-quality Hemp Oil products.
The Synchronicity Difference
The single best way to choose a trusted provider is to schedule a complimentary consultation with an industry expert. As a global leader in hemp oil product development, Synchronicity is firmly committed to exceeding your expectations as a customer. Our Full-Spectrum Hemp Oil products are specially formulated using our own homegrown proprietary hemp plants to maximize potency and purity. When you choose Synchronicity as your trusted Hemp Oil provider, you can expect the following:
- Sustainable Farming Practices: The path to our product success begins with natural farming and sustainable practices. Our hemp plants are grown on a sustainable farm in the sunny Colorado sunshine.
- A True Entourage Effect™: Our Full-Spectrum Hemp Oil products feature the entire range of phytonutrients, flavonoids, and cannabinoids to offer an “Entourage Effect” that promotes your health and wellbeing.
- LipidTrans™ Infusion Process: We use gentle but effective methods to infuse MCT-rich organic coconut oil into the Whole-Plant. We never use harsh chemicals or solvents. Our gentle hand-pressed processing methods help retain all of the plant’s nutrients.
- Product Certifications: In addition to our registration with the CDA (Colorado Department of Agriculture) & CDPHE (Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment), our lab has earned Good Manufacturing Practice Certifications for food, cosmetics, and dietary supplements.
Ready to explore the health benefits of Full-Spectrum Hemp Oil? We invite you to contact us at Synchronicity to discover why health-conscious consumers across the globe trust our Hemp Oil products. We look forward to becoming your trusted provider for all of your Hemp Oil needs!