These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult your healthcare provider before use.
In times of need, hemp-infused hand sanitizers are worth their weight in gold. With the hand sanitizer market expected to hit 2.14 billion dollars by 2027, consumers are hungry for products that can combat the germs and bacteria bombarding us in daily life.
Did you know that the typical office desk has over 10 million bacteria and germs living on it? How about the fact that 75% of dish rags and sponges have E. Coli or Salmonella? And, consider this: restaurant menus contain around 185,000 germs per square centimeter. Whether you’re at work, home, or your favorite restaurant, you’re surrounded by germs. Unfortunately, it isn’t always possible to find a clean restroom to wash your hands for 20 seconds.
So, what are your options?
Introducing Synchronicity's Hemp-Infused Hand Sanitizers
Luckily, there’s always hand sanitizer. The CDC recommends using hand sanitizers to keep your hands clean and free of germs when you don’t have access to soap and water. Obviously, the ongoing pandemic has fueled an increased demand for hand sanitizers. Still, many of us were already hand sanitizer fans prior to the pandemic.
Recently, we launched our new Synchronicity™ Hand Sanitizer with Full-Spectrum Hemp and Thieves Oil. So far, the response has been incredible. But, we wanted to take a moment to answer a serious question: “Why would you add Hemp Oil to a hand sanitizer?” After all, a hemp hand sanitizer is applied topically. This means the Hemp Oil doesn’t enter the bloodstream or provide the same benefits as tinctures.
To address these concerns, we reveal our reasons for including Hemp Oil as an ingredient. Check it out below.
Why Put Hemp Oil in Hand Sanitizer?
Studies have shown that Hemp Oil has properties that inhibit the growth of germs and bacteria. But, let’s clarify something: we didn’t include Hemp Oil in our product because of the research suggesting that it kills germs.
Granted, this is certainly an advantage, and this area of research is fascinating — so we’re keeping our ears to the ground. In reality, we put Hemp Oil in our hand sanitizer for entirely different reasons. Our hand sanitizer isn’t homeopathic. It contains alcohol. We used the best available data and modern science to create a product that genuinely works. So, the germ-fighting element wasn’t front-of-mind.
Instead, we leveraged Hemp Oil for its skin benefits. Let’s be honest: hand sanitizer can dry the skin. It destroys your natural oils and causes your skin to feel tight. And, Hemp Oil is one of the fastest, easiest, and healthiest ways to combat this problem. Below, we revisit a few reasons Hemp Oil is amazing for your skin.
Why Hemp Oil Is Good for Your Skin
- Hemp Oil is a hydration machine: Hemp Oil is jam-packed with nutritious omega-3, omega-6, and omega-9 fatty acids — making it a natural humectant (the oil keeps your skin moist). These fatty acids encourage cellular growth, preserve precious moisture, and repair damaged skin.
- Hemp Oil helps moderate skin oils: Unlike some oils with a thicker viscosity, Hemp Oil can help hydrate your skin without clogging your pores. It provides moisture while also regulating and moderating oil production. You don’t want dry hands, but you certainly don’t want them slicked in oil, either.
- Hemp Oil has anti-aging properties: Hemp Oil contains both linoleic acid and oleic acids. These two fatty acids regulate oil and provide moisture. But, they can also reduce wrinkles. Oleic acid penetrates deep into your skin, adding moisture to prevent premature wrinkles and fine lines.
Of course, that’s just the start. Hemp Oil provides a wealth of benefits due to its cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, vitamins, and minerals. And, we strongly encourage you to read up on the significant benefits of Hemp Oil.
The Horrors the Hand Sanitizer Industry Wants to Hide From You
In truth, we didn’t create hemp-infused hand sanitizers to highlight the benefits of Hemp Oil. Of course, we believe in the power of Hemp Oil; it’s in our company DNA. So, any product we put out will certainly leverage Hemp Oil. But, our primary driver for manufacturing hemp-infused hand sanitizers was to improve access to high-quality hand sanitizing products.
We wanted to provide new options in light of the harmful sanitizer products currently on the market. With an ongoing pandemic, nefarious actors have rushed to enter the multi-billion dollar hand sanitizer industry.
A month ago, the FDC announced a recall of a variety of hand sanitizer products that were rushed to market. These hand sanitizer brands were contaminated with methanol — which is highly toxic when absorbed into the skin. According to the FDC, recent adverse events relating to these hand sanitizers included cases of “blindness, hospitalizations, and death.” That, in itself, is tragic. But, what’s even more disturbing is that some hand sanitizing companies are cutting corners and putting out products filled with potentially harmful ingredients.
Beware the Harmful Hand Sanitizers on the Market
For example, some hand sanitizers contain triclosan and benzethonium chloride — both of which may be carcinogenic. Here’s where things get interesting. Triclosan research goes back decades, and despite the warning signs, hand sanitizing companies continued to include this antibacterial ingredient in their products. And, alas.
Despite the FDA banning both triclosan and benzethonium chloride in 2019, the FDA readily admits that both ingredients continue to be included in products that are available on store shelves.
Of course, that’s just the start. Many hand sanitizers still use phthalates and parabens. Again, these two compounds may be harmful to humans. In fact, California is in the process of banning parabens from ALL of the products available in the state, which will likely force manufacturers to remove parabens on a national basis. And, for good reason. Research shows that both of these chemicals may interfere with hormones in the human body.
That said, the challenge is two-fold. Presently, there are many “natural” plant-based hand sanitizers on the market that don’t contain alcohol. However, “natural” products with scant disinfecting properties may prove worthless in the long run. According to the FDA, hand sanitizer needs to contain at least 60% alcohol to be effective against germs like COVID-19. So, don’t be fooled by the “all-natural” label. Hand sanitizers are important. You need them. But, you don’t want it to harm you — or worse — be ineffective.
Synchronicity's™ Hemp-Infused Hand Sanitizers With Thieves Oil
Now that we’ve highlighted some of the issues surrounding the hand sanitizer industry, we’ll put our money where our mouths are. Here’s a list of every single ingredient in our hand sanitizer — including the “chemicals.”
The Chemicals (Part I)
- Ethyl Alcohol 70%: The CDC recommends that you use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content. The two primary alcohol types in hand sanitizers are isopropyl alcohol and ethyl alcohol.
- Isopropyl Alcohol: See above.
- Aminomethyl Propanol: Yes, this is a chemical. It’s a pH balancing substance that we use to create our hemp-infused hand sanitizers. Again, we’re not trying to sell a homeopathic cure. We’re in the midst of a pandemic, and we’re committed to creating safe and effective products. However, it’s important to note that aminomethyl propanol isn’t carcinogenic — nor is it toxic. It’s simply a necessary ingredient to create sanitizing products that are functional.
- Carbomers: These safe-for-everyone chemicals are in virtually every skincare product on earth. But, what do they do? Well…nothing, essentially. By themselves, carbomers are just an inactive series of polymers. However, they help other ingredients interact symbiotically and prevent oil from separating in your products.
The Chemicals (Part II)
- Glycerin: Technically, glycerin fits into both the au naturel and chemical section. It’s synthesized from plant ingredients. Just ignore its “scientific-sounding” name. Essentially, glycerin is a humectant (like Hemp Oil) that helps attract moisture to your skin.
- Isopropyl Myristate: We’ve talked about humectants (the moisture machines), but how do you keep them on your skin? That’s where emollient ingredients like isopropyl myristate come into play. This substance strengthens your skin barrier to keep those humectants locked in place. If you look around your bathroom, you’ll probably see this ingredient in virtually every product on your sink and in your cabinets. The Environmental Working Group (EWG) rates isopropyl myristate a 1 out of 10 (in terms of toxicity), and it’s safe to use for virtually everyone (unless you have an allergy).
- Propylene Glycol: Another “generally recognized as safe” (GRAS) ingredient, propylene glycol is also a humectant. This was, by far, the most controversial ingredient we added to our hemp-infused hand sanitizers. Sure, many blogs continue to warn about the dangers of propylene glycol. But, the only significant negative surrounding the substance is its toxicity. If you put a bunch of propylene glycol on your hands, your skin will likely get irritated. However, we’ve included just a minuscule amount in our product to keep your skin moisturized. Alcohol can dry the skin, so we used every tool in our arsenal to ensure that your skin is protected from its harsh effects.
- Tocopheryl Acetate: This is just a synthesized form of vitamin E. It’s also called Vitamin E acetate.
The Au Naturel Ingredients (Part I)
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract: Originating from the juices of the aloe vera plant, aloe barbadensis leaf extract is an antiseptic and moisturizer. Since the time of the ancient Chinese and Egyptians, humans have grown the aloe vera plant for its medicinal properties. We’re just following a multi-century trend.
- Cinnamon Oil: This essential, food-grade oil helps hydrate your skin and even contains antibacterial properties. What’s not to love?
- Clove Oil: There many studies showcasing clove oil’s germ-fighting properties. But, we chose it due to its hydrating and healing properties.
- Eucalyptus Oil: From easing joint pain to hydrating the skin, eucalyptus oil packs some serious benefits. Not only do brands like REPEL® use eucalyptus oil to prevent mosquitos from eating us up, but eucalyptus also helps soothe cracked skin.
- Lavender Oil: Studies suggest that lavender oil may speed up the healing of cuts and scrapes on the skin. Additionally, lavender oil is a hydrating agent filled with antioxidants that promote healthier, smoother skin.
- Lemon Oil: Who would have guessed? We included another natural, holistic, and moisturizing essential oil in our product. Lemon oil is a natural exfoliate that’s added to plenty of facial cleansers for a reason: it helps extract the dirt and debris clogging the pores of the skin.
The Au Naturel Ingredients (Part II)
- Orange Oil: Not only does research point to orange oil as an antimicrobial, but it’s also commonly used in anti-acne products as a hydration carrying agent.
- Rosemary Oil: This beautifying essential oil acts as an astringent to tone and balance the pH of your skin. Again, rosemary oil also helps hydrate. We included a full range of essential oils to fight the drying power of alcohol.
- Hemp Oil (Infused Full-Spectrum proprietary blend): Our DNA was poured directly into this holistic, GMO-free Full-Spectrum Hemp Oil. This is our lifeblood. And we promise: it was worth the grueling challenge to create it.
- Medium Chain Triglyceride (MCT) Oil: This coconut-derived brain fuel is also a great skin moisturizer.
- Vinegar: It tastes great on a salad. But, vinegar also supports skin health.
- Water: Good, pure H2O. Enough said.
The Story Behind Thieves Oil
You may be wondering, “Why did Synchronicity™ include so many essential oils and natural ingredients in its hemp-infused hand sanitizers?” Well, we took notes from our ancestors. COVID-19 isn’t the first global pandemic that shook the foundation of the world. We took some inspiration from past pandemic experiences and used a tried, age-old Thieves Oil recipe to create our product.
Thieves Oil is a unique combination of herbs and spices that people used to protect themselves from the Bubonic plague ravishing their cities. Its ingredients include cloves, cinnamon, eucalyptus, lavender, and rosemary.
We could delve into the benefits of Thieves Oil and how our ancestors were definitely on to something. But, we won’t, for now. Instead, you can rest assured that we created a modern, safe, and effective hemp-infused hand sanitizer that moisturizes and protects your hands while killing those pesky germs.
Sanitize in Style With Our Hemp-Infused Hand Sanitizers
At Synchronicity™, we pride ourselves on our pure, potent, and holistic products. When we set out to make our new hand sanitizer, we approached the manufacturing process carefully. In particular, we focused on combining science-backed ingredients with natural elements to create a one-of-a-kind product.
Our Hemp Oil hand sanitizer is a unique solution that combines our industry-leading Full-Spectrum Hemp Oil with modern germ-fighting ingredients. Are you interested in learning more about Hemp Oil or our new hand sanitizer? If so, contact us. And, if you’ve used our new hand sanitizer, share your thoughts with us on Twitter or Facebook.