These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult your healthcare provider before use.
There are many stressors in our modern world. For those of you who already use our Full-Spectrum Hemp Oil products to realize gains in combating stress, congratulations! Below, we share more proactive actions to reduce or eliminate stress in your life. As a plus, these fun stress relievers take less than five minutes each to accomplish!
At Functional Remedies, we believe that you don’t have to perform long, tedious tasks to find joy in your current circumstances.
In fact, it’s entirely possible that, over time, these five stress relievers will become integral habits that help you live a happier, more satisfying life.
Understanding Stress and Its Consequences
Once you understand how pervasive stress is, you may better appreciate the importance of identifying and managing it. Often, we let stress overtake our life, an all-too-common occurrence in our high-performance culture.
It probably comes as no surprise that 40% of the United States workforce has experienced (or regularly experience) work-related stress. This type of stress can be triggered by a multiplicity of causes, including:
- Discrimination or Harassment: Feeling marginalized every day can overwhelm one’s senses.
- Job Insecurity: Worry about your future can affect your performance and keep you from advancing.
- Overworked: Often, companies ask too much of employees, unaware of the stress it incurs.
- Poor Management: The “terrible boss” image is based upon reality for too many. According to a 2018 Monster poll, 76% of respondents say they currently have or once had a toxic boss.
- Dissatisfaction with Career: Too often, we take a job purely for financial reasons and ignore the warning signs that lead to discontent.
- Unsafe Conditions: When we continually face physical or mental risks, our stress levels will skyrocket.
Non-Work Related Stressors
Work-related stress may top the list, but it isn’t the only stressor in life. Below, we list several that most people experience sooner or later:
- Caregiving Challenges: Anyone who cares for seniors understands the stresses involved.
- Death: The loss of close friends, neighbors, colleagues, and family members is always trying, especially when unexpected.
- Divorce: Divorces are rarely amicable. According to the Holmes-Rahe Stress scale, divorce is the second most stressful life event (just after “death of a spouse”). It takes great emotional strength to emerge from the process unscathed.
- Emotional Issues: Anger, depression, grief, guilt, and low self-esteem are top contenders for emotional turmoil.
- Financial Obligations: Juggling mortgages, car loans, student loans, and other obligations can take its toll.
- Illness or Injury: Not only does pain reduce our quality of life, but it’s also stress-inducing.
- Job Loss: Without work, many people feel purposeless and financially stressed.
- Marital Discord: Merging two lives with unique perspectives can result in frustration and tension.
- Moving: Packing and unpacking can take a physical toll, and new stressors may emerge when moving to unfamiliar territory.
- Trauma: In terms of personal tragedies, greater losses precipitate higher stress levels.
- Worry and Anxiety: Some people seem to worry more than others, but these stressors affect everyone:
- Attitudes/Perceptions: Having a defeatist attitude can exacerbate one’s stress.
- Change: Stress often accompanies even the most exciting life changes.
- Fear/Uncertainty: A constant stream of bad news can increase one’s stress levels.
- Unrealistic Expectations: Setting unattainable goals often leads to unnecessary stress.
Every person is unique. So, when you scan the above list, you may find some items more relatable than others. Still, there are many situations and conditions that can induce stress, and the results can be devastating.
Meet Your Five 5-Minute Stress Relievers
Being aware of the stressors that can arise and identifying the conditions under which stress flourishes is critical. But, having your own book of tricks to offset or minimize stress keeps you on top. With that concept in mind, here are five stress relievers that take just five minutes each.
Do you find it a challenge to pay attention to your breathing, even for five short minutes? If so, you aren’t alone. Ask experienced meditators, and they will confirm that meditation is a journey, not a destination. Practicing breathing awareness is a lifelong exercise. It’s also the first and most challenging task assigned to practitioners of a mindful lifestyle.
But, despite the challenges, try to focus on the many benefits that conscious breathing affords, such as:
- Balanced Mood Support: Deep breaths can calm us when agitated.
- Detox Support: Each exhalation releases carbon dioxide. With deep breathing, you release more carbon dioxide with every exhalation, effectively detoxifying your body in the process.
- The Easing of Physical Discomfort: Deep breaths also release endorphins, our natural pain-relieving hormones.
- Improved Digestion: Diaphragmatic (deep) breathing can positively impact internal organs like the intestines. This can reduce abdominal discomfort and bloat.
- Improved Immunity: Breathing oxygenates your blood, which facilitates better absorption of nutrients and strengthens your immune system.
- Increased Energy Levels: More oxygen in the blood builds stamina and helps our internal systems function more efficiently.
- Reduced Blood Pressure Levels: Deep breaths can slow your heart rate, which helps reduce your blood pressure.
- Support Proper Posture: Taking full breaths extends and straightens your spine by filling the lungs and compressing the diaphragm.
Tips for Practicing Mindful Breathing
Finally, the best way to stay focused on your five-minute stress reliever is to commit to becoming a master breather. Learn to take deeper breaths and alternate with shorter puffs. Be mindful of how you breathe in and out. Before you know it, those five minutes will be up, and whatever was stressing you will have dissipated.
Unlike breathing, which everyone naturally does, many of us think we can’t dance. We feel self-conscious about our dancing skills and think everyone is judging us. But, unless you’re a dance contestant, don’t sweat those dance moves. Instead, focus on having fun as you move your body.
As you probably already surmised, dancing offers fantastic stress-busting benefits like:
- Aerobic Fitness: Dancing offers the opportunity for a full-body workout.
- Confidence and Esteem Booster: Dancing can boost your confidence.
- Feeling Great: A good five-minute tango or hip-hop workout can invigorate you.
- Greater Endurance: When you first begin your five-minute dance routine, you may get tired easily. However, your endurance will build quickly.
- Improved Balance and Coordination: As you get more comfortable moving your body, you’ll learn more complex moves and have better balance.
- Improved Cognitive Performance: Workouts increase cerebral blood flow and may help reduce cognitive decline in seniors.
- Weight Management: Dancing can be a great way to lose weight.
Best of all, dancing puts your entire body to work. When you dance, each body part gets in on the action. Before long, you’ll find the motion and rhythm melting away your stress. And, if anyone offers “constructive criticism” about your dancing style, don’t take it personally. See if you can learn anything from it. If not, smile and dance to your heart’s content!
We usually think of massage as a luxury few can afford and which no one really needs. But, both of those perceptions are wrong. By learning the simple, elegant art of self-massage, you can get free massages whenever you want. More importantly, massage can provide physical relief and balanced mood support.
Consider these important health benefits which accrue from regular self-massage sessions:
- Detoxification: The skin is our body’s largest organ, and regular self-massage can help flush out impurities and toxins.
- Nurturance: Studies show that self-nurturance can result in increased emotional resilience. And, nothing is more comforting than soothing physical strokes on the body. You may even find negative thoughts dissipating as a result.
- Rejuvenation: An energetic massage can lift your spirits, while relaxing massages can calm a racing heart.
- Stimulation: Our bodies regularly flow with energy, which can get blocked; self-massage can release that energy for better internal equilibrium.
- Youthfulness: If you’re seeking bright, soft skin, you definitely want to treat yourself to a few quick massages each day.
We especially love stress relievers that masquerade as luxurious escapes from the daily grind. In fact, these stress relievers can be critical in helping you navigate stress with verve and aplomb. So, the next time you need to unplug from the fast pace of life, consider self-massage. It’s a quick way to relieve tension and re-center your emotions.
According to the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation, self-massage has been shown to reduce anxiety, provide sleep support, and positively impact mood and cognition.
Just like dancing, many of us believe we can’t sing. Sure, you may feel more comfortable belting out “Happy Birthday” with friends rather than delivering a solo performance with the spotlight on you.
But, you don’t have to be a professional to sing. Studies show that singing can actually make us happier.
Singing provides special benefits you don’t want to miss, including:
- Increased Confidence: As you learn more songs and enjoy singing them, your confidence also gets a nice boost.
- Cleared Sinuses: A good round of singing will clear respiratory tubes and sinuses.
- Reduced Stress: Whether an ode or lamentation, the act of singing releases stress.
- Improved Posture: Your body naturally gravitates towards the best posture, as it helps your singing.
- Increased Lung Capacity: Practice holding notes and marvel at how much more air you can take in.
- Mood Enhancer: Even when singing the blues, you’ll feel better when done.
- Pain Reliever: Singing releases those valuable endorphins which can ease body aches and pains.
- Improved Memory: As you increase your repertoire of songs, your capacity to memorize lyrics increases.
- Better Sleep: As a wonderful way to wind down, think of your final song for the night as your lullaby.
- Toned Facial and Stomach Muscles: Both your diaphragm and face get a good workout when singing.
Music has healing properties, but many musicians agree that the very best musical instrument is the human voice. In fact, no instrument can emit sounds as loud as a trained opera singer, and it’s all based on vibrating the vocal cords effectively. Particularly adept singers can break a crystal glass by hitting and sustaining the right high note! So, while you perform your five-minute song, think of all the good vibrations emanating both within your body.
This is another stress reliever we take for granted and rarely consider. Even when confined indoors, we can still stroll from room to room. However, if you have the opportunity to get some fresh air during your five-minute walk, this can contribute to good breathing (another easy five-minute stress reliever).
While walking, shed your stress in these ways:
- Better Breathing: A brisk walk can aid in taking deeper breaths, which makes for healthier and stronger lungs.
- Happier Moods: Whether inside or outside, a change of scenery can positively impact one’s mood.
- Healthier Bones: For those suffering from osteoporosis, regular walks, combined with weight-bearing aerobic exercises, can aid in reducing bone mass loss.
- Improved Circulation: Increased blood circulation can decrease risks of heart disease, stroke, and high blood pressure.
- Increase Longevity: Studies show seniors who walk regularly have longer life spans.
- Joint Health: Regular movement helps deliver much-needed oxygen and nutrients to cartilages and joints.
- Sleep Better: Regular walks provide sleep support through better circulation, breathing habits, and positively directed energy.
- Stronger Muscles: Walking strengthens the leg and abdominal muscles.
Walking lets you enjoy a change of scenery, get some fresh air, and stretch your legs, all while walking off the stresses in your life.
Hemp Oil: Your Stress Reliever Assistant
Perhaps, you noticed that none of these five stress relievers require any equipment or special devices. It’s simply you making positive use of your body to peel away stress and enjoy some much-deserved fun in the process.
Meanwhile, you can enhance these simple yet effective stress relievers by the judicious use of our Synchronicity™ Full-Spectrum Hemp Oil products. Below, we share some suggestions for integrating Hemp Oil into your stress-relieving routines.
Breathe — Hemp Oil Integration
Help your breathing session remain calm and focused by starting with a dropper of our Synchronicity™ Full-Spectrum Hemp Oil Tincture in tandem with our soothing Synchronicity™ Full-Spectrum Hemp Oil Aromatherapy, a roll-on you can dab wherever you want (start with your temples, then apply to other tension-filled areas).
Dance — Hemp Oil Integration
If you have any stiff or tender areas, indulge in some of our Synchronicity™ Full-Spectrum Hemp Oil Body Butter prior and after your dance session.
Massage — Hemp Oil Integration
By applying our Synchronicity™ Full-Spectrum Hemp Oil Body Oil to the areas you will treat in your massage session, all the healing cannabinoids will be absorbed through your skin and aid in eliminating stress.
Sing — Hemp Oil Integration
Singing may be a whole-body experience, but keeping your head in the music is important. This is why we heartily recommend an application of our Synchronicity™ Full-Spectrum Hemp Oil Facial Cream prior to your singing session. It can relax your face and neck muscles and put you in a better mood, which will improve your singing.
Walk — Hemp Oil Integration
Prior to your walk and at its conclusion, we recommend applying our Synchronicity™ Full-Spectrum Hemp Oil Sports Balm to relieve joint stiffness, hydrate your skin, and rejuvenate your muscles.
At Synchronicity™, we are always available to answer your questions and address your concerns.
Curious about the difference between Full-Spectrum and CBD Oil? Or, perhaps, you have questions about the stress relievers above. Either way, we invite you to contact us. We, too, learn something new from the unique questions you ask, so they are always appreciated! If you are already benefiting from our exclusive line of Synchronicity™ Hemp Oil products, we urge you to let your friends in on your exciting new secret via our social media links below!